Thursday, October 11, 2007

He's Here!

It's true! Caleb Hunter Kazmierski was born on October4th at 5:48 am after a grueling 15 or so hours of labor (three hours of pushing). He had a difficult journey out as he was sunny-side-up (face up instead of down.) He came nicely down the birth canal, but refused to budge past my pubic bone, so after two hours of pushing, the doctor attempted vacuum extraction twice without success. I pushed for another hour, and finally agreed to allow the doctor to try forceps. One push with the forceps, and out he came!


It was a long night, but I'm sooooo happy to have him here! He was 6 lbs 12 oz. He has his daddy's long runner's legs and long feet, and a head full of light brown and dark blondish hair. Dispite the forceps entry, his head swelling has gone down and his bruises are gone. He's perfect!


Unfortunately, I came home to a house with no internet. No better time, eh? Hopefully our new broadband router will be here tomorrow and we'll be reconnected with the world! I'm sorry I haven't been able to get on. Hopefully I'll have time to upload a few pics while I'm on base today.
Thanks for all the love and support!!!!! I promise to be back on when I can! :)

1 comment: