Sunday, September 21, 2008

Caleb's First Haircut

My husband has been trying to talk me into getting Caleb's hair cut for a little while now. I finally felt ready to part with those sweet, curling baby locks today. So we went down to the base barber to get Caleb's first hair cut.

Here's a picture of him before. His hair isn't attrociously long. It wasn't in his eyes yet. It was just getting really shaggy around the ears and the collar. I guess I just wanted to clean it up before his birthday.

Here he is settling into the barber's chair and trying to figure out what the heck is going on.


This is my favorite picture from the day. I think he's trying to channel his inner Hulk so he can explode with righteous rage and jump out of the chair to take us all on. If I was good with Photoshop, I would turn him green just to make me laugh.

This is the moment he realized what was going on and began to have a full meltdown. I had just put a Gerber Yogurt Melt in his mouth, which is what is showing here. No amount of singing, clapping or bribery with baby snacks could convince him that this was a good idea.

And here he is after his traumatic experience, enjoying Burger King for lunch, complete with a drop of apple juice on his chin. I actually have tried all day to get a better picture of him post-haircut, but in a move that clearly cries, "Stick it to 'em!" he's avoided my camera all day. Sly dude.

It's shorter than I imagined it would be, which is a lesson to take him off base next time. Military barbers cut military hair, regardless of client, I guess! :) There are also a few spots that are a bit shorter than others, but considering how much he was fussing and squirming, I'm just glad he didn't lose an ear. All in all, I'm pleased with the haircut and can't beleive how much older it makes him look!

No comments:

Post a Comment