Sunday, September 14, 2008

Just a blog

Sometimes I get caught up in writing what I think you'd like to read instead of just writing what I think about. Then I remember this is just a blog. Just a blog a few friends and my mom read. Nothing fancy, nothing published. Just a blog.

So the long and short of the last two weeks is that I finished my fifth graduate class. Hooray! It's going very quickly. This one was Group Counseling. And I actually learned a lot about myself in it.

First and foremost, I am a procrastinator. This is nothing new. If you know me, you know this. But I put off so much about this class till the last minute that I freaked out right before class started. Not normal stressing out. FREAKED out. Really. Good and formal Freakage with a capital F. As usual, this ended up being for no good reason. It was a great class with a great professor. The class and professor both were much more intimating on paper (the syllabus) than in real life. And it was not only enjoyable, but I feel as if I really learned a lot in this class.

I'm in an online class now, which is going well. It's with a professor I had in an on-site course. It's probably not common to know your online professors, so I like that she remembers me and I'm already familiar with her teaching and grading styles.

We now interrupt this regularly scheduled blog to announce that printer paper jams are the freakin' devil! It's never as simple as pulling one sheet of paper out. It's a process of pulling, shoving, muttering, opening, closing, "pressing OK" and repeating this process at least three times to rid the printer of its demons. It's a paper exorcism! ARRGGHH!

Okay, the printer is working again. Back to our regularly schedule blogging.

That's really about all that's going on here. So I'll finish by sharing a few pics.

Caleb has starting actually watching the TV, but seems to think it's necessary to be right up against the TV to enjoy it. He's watching Shrek here.

Caleb thinks it's hilarious to wear his shorts on his head. He might just think it's funny because I laugh the entire time. Seriously! Is there anything cuter?!

"As a matter of fact, I'm not ready for my close up!" This is the kind of picture he'll kill me for not deleting some day, but it cracks me up! This was my attempt to get his "shorts on the head" routine the first time. Clearly this was unsuccessful. And normally I have no problem deleting bad pictures, but something about his expression in this one just kills me!

No comments:

Post a Comment