Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

This was our first official Thanksgiving together as a family, since Tommy was in Iraq last year. We spent it with some military family friends of ours. It was nice and laid back. Plenty of good food. My two favorite things were the pecan pie the Pam brought and hearing Alicia's stories of her recent trip to the US where she got to ride Air Force One and meet the President. (Seriously!) Her stories blew my freakin' mind. Whatever your opinion of the current president, I still can't fathom hanging out with him in his office on Air Force freakin' One!

Anyway, I am thankful we are nearing a complete year deployment free (the first one of our marriage!) I'm thankful for my hilariously adorable son that is getting closer to walking every day. I'm thankful for a husband who is committed to his family and is working so hard on his education. I'm thankful for all of my family back home, who I miss dearly. I'm thankful for my friends here who are a great substitute family when I miss the real ones. And I'm thankful for my friends back home (all over the US) and for the ability to keep up with them online.

Here's a shot of Jason and Paul checking on the turkey, which was delicious.


Here's a family portrait that captures Caleb going in for a post-meal snack.

And just for comparison, here's Caleb and I on Thanksgiving day last year.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment