Saturday, February 06, 2010

Five More Years!

It's been a heart-heavy week following the surgery of little Xander Torres. They've been on my mind a lot, and while they can put the actual surgery behind them now, they have a long road to recovery and hopefully a seizure-free exsitance for little X.

In our own lives, this week marked 12 years that my husband has been in the Air Force! It's difficult for me to wrap my brain around having the same job for 12 years. Well, not really the same job, because there are many aspects and different sections to that job. But in essence, the same employer and same career for 12 years. Wow! I'm really proud of him!

He reenlisted on Wednesday with the help of one of my coworkers, Rob. In my job I get to witness a few reenlistents. But, of course, it was fun to be at my husband's! He's a real private kind of guy and doesn't like a lot of ceremony or fuss, so it was just the three of us. I didn't even get to attend his promotion ceremony last year and wasn't sure I'd get to see his reenlistment, so I was glad when it worked out in such a way that I did get to participate.


I'm glad it's the weekend. This next week is going to be busy. I'll be preparing for the Annual Awards Ceremony. (Have I mentioned that I'm one of the emcees? I can't remember) So there's meetings, rehersal and the actual event that take up tons of time. Plus, we'll be getting ready to spend President's Day weekend in Belgium. My brother's coming in a little over a month, too, so there's lots of things to do between now and then. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment