Thursday, May 03, 2007

movement

I felt the baby move for the first time last night! At least, it's the first time I can really say, "Yeah, that was definitely baby and not my imagination." And it felt nothing like a fluttering or quickening I had been expecting from all my baby books.


It felt like my heart was beating in my uterus! Suddenly there was a little thump. And a moment later, another one. It was crazy and strange and exciting! I put my hand down on my lower belly, and I could feel it, feel this little person inside of me doing...who knows what? Kicking? Stretching? Raising the roof?


To be honest, I've wondered if I felt the baby move before, but I've never been sure. Is it baby, or is it gas? Many times, physical manifestations confirmed the latter. My tummy is always gurgling, so I was never quite sure. But last night, there was no mistaking that this baby was awake and ready to rumble.


I left a voicemail for Tommy to let him know and he called a little later. It was fun to share it with him, but not nearly as much fun as it would be in real life, I'm sure.


Had a good day yesterday. Feeling a little more sad today, although I'm not nearly as bad as I was on Wednesday. It comes and goes. I'm looking forward to a day when these hormones even out and my emotions aren't so close to the surface they feel ready to rupture at any moment. Have a feeling it'll probably get worse before it gets better, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment