Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's December!

It's finally December! For the first time this year I can say, "My husband comes home THIS MONTH!" My countdown is on, and although I can't share dates because of security reasons, I can say that by the middle of this month, by husband *should* be home!

It's been a long deployment, no doubt. Doing pregnancy alone was challenging, but I was blessed with a pretty easy pregnancy. And thank GOD for my mom coming at the end to be here for Caleb's birth and to help me with the first couple of months!

This was, by far, the hardest deployment yet. We had only been here in England three months when Tommy left. I had barely started at my job and new almost no one. Our house was still so new to me that it didn't feel like home. And the time difference between here and the states made phone calls a little challenging. The first few months were probably some of the loneliest of my life.

But here we are, nearly at the end of the deployment! Zeus no longer waits and whines at the door every night, but I know he'll jump out of his skin to greet Tommy when he walks through the door the first time. And I can't WAIT to see my husband's face the first time he sees and holds his son. I've been waiting for that for MONTHS!

I'm just so glad it's finally almost over! Now if only I could keep my husband for a solid year or so, I'd be set.

In other news, Caleb slept in his crib in his own room all night for the first time last night! I was so proud of the little booger. He'll be 2 months old on Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to seeing how much this little turkey weighs by then. :) More than that, though, I'm really looking forward to being a family when Tommy gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment