1. I was in a girl’s glee club choir for one year in Jr. High. My best friend Heather, who could actually sing, was in the Show Choir, and I was jealous of all the cool trips she took, so I auditioned for it in 8th grade. I didn’t make Show Choir and was stuck in the girls’ choir for singers who shouldn’t be in choirs and should just stick to singing in the shower.
2. I failed one quarter of Band class in 8th grade. My brother’s favorite remark for this is, "What, did you forget to blow?" I played the clarinet for two years, but in 8th grade I was too lazy to practice and didn’t pass my scales. I could have retaken them, but again: lazy.
3. When I was younger (so much younger than today), I used to be jealous of Stephen (my brother) because every summer he got a buzz cut. We lived in Las Vegas at the time (Nellis AFB), and it would get so hot that I’d beg my mom to shave my head, too. She never gave in.
4. For a while I didn’t consider my husband a serious dating option because he always wore white K-Swiss shoes. I thought that was just too frat-boy for me. I’m glad I relaxed my dating standards! Haha.
5. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
6. I get overwhelmed by too many graphics in a MySpace profile.
7. My favorite place in the whole world, so far, is Florence, Italy. It is so gorgeous. I went on two field trips there during high school when my dad was stationed at Aviano AFB and have so many good memories.
8. I worked at Omaha’s Rosenblatt Stadium, which is home of Omaha’s AAA baseball team, the Royals (and also home to the College World Series), for three summers. I loved my second summer the most when I was one of the only girls working camera with a bunch of crude college boys. And I loved working the first base camera by the visiting dugout so I could check out the visiting team!
9. I fell out of the tree in our front yard at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma when I was probably about 10 years old or so. I climbed up higher than the roof, felt a little dizzy and started climbing down when I passed out and fell. I came to as I was falling and tried to reach up for a limb, but just felt it brush past my fingers. My brother thought I was joking.
10. I’ve been married to my husband for almost four years now, and we’ve yet to spend a single anniversary or birthday together. It’s looking good for us this year, though! I can’t complain too much, really, because I’ve had him home for every Christmas and he’s only missed one Thanksgiving so far.