Thursday, December 01, 2011

December Photo Project

In an attempt to resuscitate this very dead blog of mine, I'm going to join the December Photo Project that I read about on my friend Renae's blog, The Grand.



I'll preface this by saying I am not a professional photographer, nor do I own a fancy camera. In fact, my newer camera died after one too many pictures in the rain at Disney World last month. Rest in peace, Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3.



So I've moved back to my handy Nikon Coolpix S51. Just a hot pink little point-and-shoot held together with some electical tape where I've dropped it a few too many times.



Wow. I am not kind to my cameras. It's not on puprose, I assure you. I'm just clutzy by nature. It drives my husband crazy. (As my dad might say, "It's a short drive!") All that to say, don't expect artsy pics from this here humble (and recently silent) blog. I just want to capture some memories this month and restart my creative engine.



So as a bit of a teaser, here is a pre-DPP photo to get this party started.




We hosted Thanksgiving this year for the first time ever. I was pretty stoked because we finally have a house with living space large enough for a feast of this size. Earlier this year, we bough some really grown up peices of furniture for this, our first formal dining room. So to host my in-laws for turkey day was a pretty big deal, and I was quite happy with how everything turned out (even if the corn casserole was late to the party!)


All right! Let's get this party started!

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving was fabulous! You prepared a tasty feast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Tommy is grinning because he knows he could knock out all that food and then some! Miss you guys and your dang corn casserole.

    ReplyDelete