Thursday, May 22, 2008

Every Little Helps

I've been wanting to find a way to walk to our town's Tesco for a while now, but couldn't figure out how to get there without walking along two very busy roads. But the other day on the drive back from Tesco, I had an epiphany. So today I thought I'd try it out and see if my inspiration would lead me to Tesco.


Well, I wasn't spot on. In fact, I got quite a bit lost in the neighborhood just to the east of Tesco and added about 20 extra minutes to my walk. But after nearly an hour, I finally found my way! I spent almost the same amount of time wandering the isles of Tesco in search of tahini. I think can say, with a fair amount of confidence, that the Thetford Tesco does not sell tahini. I guess I'll have to go to Sainsbury's! I did, however, pick up a baby bathing suit (with waterproof washable nappy!) for Caleb so we can start taking advantage of the learner's pool at the leisure centre soon. Woo!


The walk back from Tesco only took about 30-35 minutes, which isn't bad at all! Bonus: it's a gorgeous walk! Here's a few shots I snapped along the way. Can you beleive I live here?! I know! Me either!




By the way, I love Google Earth! Once I got home, I was able to retrace my steps, see where I got lost and confirm the way home was the most direct route by foot. Yay, Google Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment