Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Induction

This'll be a quick one. I need to get back to studying.

I joined our local Leisure Centre today! Our LC consists of a fitness center and three pools, among other things (including lawn bowling!) I'm super excited. There are a slew of classes I can take from spinning to aqua-aerobics. There are public swim times specifically designated for parents and toddlers. (YAY!) The fitness equipment is really new and nice, and there are lots of TVs to choose from. ALSO!! I can sign up for FREE personal training. Take that, America! Take your stinkin' expensive personal training sessions and stick it up your elliptical! ;)

Best of all, it's almost literally spitting distance from our house. It's probably about a quarter of a mile, so it's super convenient.

Anyway, tonight I had my formal Induction, during which they took my blood and I swore an oath to follow their cult. Okay, seriously it was just an introduction to the equipment. Pretty standard stuff. Then I did a half hour on the elliptical. Oof. I am Out. Of. Shape. It's been more than a year and a half since I've worked out, and boy, could I tell.

Well, here's to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment