Saturday, May 17, 2008

Food-Induced Coma

Is it possible to slip into a food-iduced coma? 'Cause that's what I think I'm about to do.


Tommy's birthday dinner is over, and it went better than I expected. About two steps into the recipe for Penne Rustica, I was kinda freakin' out. It was the most difficult and time-consuming recipe I've attempted.



I like to cook, but I'm not one of those naturals who understands the processes of cooking and can easily make adjustments as needed. I pretty much have to follow a recipe to the T the first time (unless I'm following recommended adjustments in the reviews). After the first time, I can make my own modifications where I see fit.



Anyway, I was worried it would royally suck, but it was actually quite good. But it made SO much freakin' food! And it was SO rich that I think I'm having a minor cardiac event as I type this. (When I say rich, I mean RICH. It called for 8 [yes, EIGHT] cups of heavy cream! I won't even tell you how much butter it calls for!) It also makes enough for 15 servings. Anyone up for leftovers?



It was a nice dinner and a nice cap to our day. But I'm pretty sure I'll never eat again.



Oh, wait. There's still cake... *groan*




No comments:

Post a Comment