Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200

I'm a New Years resolution kinda gal. I know there are plenty of people who think New Years resolutions are a bit ridiculous, but I like the idea of a fresh slate, and a new year kind of feels like a good time to start over and try again.


Most of my resolutions aren't necessarily resolutions in the formal sense, but more so ideas I'm trying to manifest or goals I'm trying to work towards. Reaching the goal would be awesome, but even just moving a bit closer towards it has got to be worth something, right?


So, I don't have a real firm goal for physical stuff this year except to work out more consistently and lose some weight. Okay, there's a number in my head, but honestly, it's less about the number and more about just taking better care of myself. I'm not a spring chicken anymore! It's time to take care of the one and only body I've got on in this life.


But I'm naturally inclined to laziness and tend to come up with any excuse to find a way out of going to circuit training class. As a result, I try to pack my gym bag the night before and put it right by the front door so I can' t leave without seeing it. Sometimes it works. Sometimes I still find an excuse not to go.



But for 2010, so far so good. Three days into the work week, and I've been to circuit training class twice. Okay, so that's nothing, really. It's easy to be motivated the first week. Let's see how committed I am in a month or two. But, hey! I have to start somewhere! So here I am...starting.

6/365

No comments:

Post a Comment