Friday, January 29, 2010

Good day!





Two good things to report today!

First, I ran a mile and a half! This probably seems like no big deal to some of you fitness junkies, but it's a big freaking deal to me. By default, I'm not someone who is physically active. I'm not athletic or coordinated or fast. It takes genuine effort and discipline to make myself go to the gym regularly.

Since I started at this job last summer, I've been doing circuit training classes off and on. I aim to go three times a week, but that almost never happens. Stuff comes up, I forget my gym bag, or I just flake out. Since the beginning of the new year, I've been doing pretty good about getting to the gym regularly, even if it's not always to circuit.

Lately circuit has been incorporating a lot more running, and I wasn't sure I could do it. I usually alternate running and walking laps. I am just not a runner. (As opposed to my husband, who could probably run in his sleep.) But I've been pushing myself to run more lately. Tuesday's class required us to run 5 laps (.5 miles) before and after class. And I did it! I actually ran all ten laps! Even after a really tough circuit!

So when I hit the gym today, I thought, "Heck. I can run a mile. I did it the other day. Not all at the same time, but I did it!" So I ran a mile. Then I thought, "Heck, I bet I could run another half mile!" And I did! I was really proud of myself. I didn't run it fast enough to pass the USAF PT test for females in my age range, but I was only about a minute and a half off. I could shave that off!

Again, probably no big deal to some, but a pretty big deal for me! So allow myself to celebrate for a minute. Woo! Go me! I'm the woman! I can leap tall buildings in a single jump! I'm faster than a speeding bullet! I rock!

Okay, enough of that! :)

The other bit of news to report is that I was selected as one of our base's emcees for their annual awards ceremony next month! I actually auditioned last week and again today (long story), but the bottom line is, I got picked!

My husband talked me into trying, and I wasn't too keen on it at first. But when I found out there would be a script, I was more amenable to the idea. I just didn't want to have to get up their and ad lib all night! Anyway, I thought, "What the heck?" (I've been thinking that a lot lately!) I'd never done anything like this before and thought it might be fun. Hopefully it is!

Yeah! So that's that. I have no pics from today, so hopefully the webcam pics at the beginning of the post will do. :)

1 comment:

  1. He's soooo cute!!! And you both look like you're having so much fun. Love it!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete