Thursday, January 28, 2010

Job Satisfaction

I don't have much to say today, and no pics to go with it. I just want to say that I really like my job. And it's not necessarily the job itself, which is fine, but it's the people.

It's always the people, isn't it? For better or worse, that's what makes your job what it is, at least 80% of the time.

I've lucked out because I've worked with some great people in every job I've had. I can think back to the last three jobs I've had and I'm still friends with a handful of people at each job. Of course, there have been a few people I haven't jived with along the way, but at every job there were great people, too. And it's those great people that make a difference.

And in the job I have now, I'm really blessed to work with a great group of people who make me laugh and teach me things about aviation I never knew I wanted to know. (Don't tell my brother, the King of Aviation Nerdery, but it's actually kind of fun learning some of that stuff!)

Anyway, sometimes I stop and think about how fortunate I am to have a job I like and work with people I like. It hasn't always been this way. It may not always be this way. But I'm happy where I'm at for now, and for some reason, that seemed like it was worth a blog.

1 comment: